I’ve seen pictures of Peanut Butter Ball appetizers on Pinterest and, boy, do they look good! However, all of the recipes include cream cheese, which I don’t eat, so I get kind of bummed every time I see it on my Pinterest board.
But, guess what! I found a substitute! Butter! Seriously. Plain old butter works just as well as cream cheese (which I am assuming because this dish turned out quite well)! Once I figured that out, I couldn’t wait to give this a try!
Note: When I use tablespoon in this recipe, I mean the large table spoons. Teaspoon is the smaller spoons you would use for desserts. These are not the equivalent of measuring spoons.
What you need:
What you do:
1. Mix 3 tablespoons of peanut butter with 2-3 teaspoons of butter until smooth. You can add or subtract from this as much as you want. Use your mixer for this step – it’s MUCH easier than trying to hand mix it.
2. Add in your confectioner’s sugar. I didn’t measure this out. Just add it until you get a course dough consistency.
3. Roll your mixture into a large ball and put onto wax paper-covered cookie sheet. It probably won’t be perfectly round at this stage (mine wasn’t), and that’s OK. Just get the basic shape.
4. Stick cookie sheet in refrigerator to chill for about an hour.
5. Round your peanut butter ball out and stick back in the refrigerator for another 30-60 minutes to make sure it’s nice and firm.
6. Roll your peanut butter ball in chocolate chips.
7. Chill peanut butter ball in refrigerator for at least 1 hour after you have covered with chocolate chips.
I served this with graham crackers and, oh my goodness, it was good! I highly recommend using them to eat this with – there is something about the combination of graham cracker, peanut butter and chocolate chips that is just — unbelievably good!
Like this recipe? If you try it out, make sure you come back and let us know how you liked it!
Posted by helper Cady