Delightful Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Do you love raspberries? Well with berry season upon us, I thought I would come up with a raspberry recipe. This recipe for raspberry coffee cake is so delightful you just have to try it!
What You Need:
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup honey
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup plain yogurt
1½ cups raspberries
For the crumb topping:
1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
How To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vanilla, honey, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
5. Slowly add the eggs and mix well.
6. On low-speed, add flour and yogurt beat until beat until the batter is smooth and creamy, Using a rubber spatula, fold in the raspberries. Then spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
To make the topping, in a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and pecans., and butter. Mix together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the above batter.
Bake 35-40 min or until tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. It is also good served warm.
Do you have a collection of recipes that you want to put in a cookbook? You should check out Blurb! You can Make Your Own Blurb Cookbook! I think these would make an awesome weeding or house-warming gift!! They are also offering a 15% off coupon code right now.
Want more recipe ideas? Make sure you check out our recipe category. There are a lot of other yummy recipes for you to try. Have a recipe that you would like to share with us? I would love to hear about it!