Save Money Nine Easy Painless Ways
When pinching pennies, you know every single one counts. You may think you have saved all that you can, but there are several ways you can save $100 or more a year and not really notice a change in your lifestyle.
Here is 9 simple ways to save an extra $100 painlessly:
1. Instead of ordering pizza once a month, make it at home instead. The average pizza costs just a couple dollars to make at home, while ordering out can be $20 or more with a tip. Even if you order pizza out 2 times a month, skip one of the pizza nights out and make it instead,
2. Hang laundry when you can instead of drying it in the machine. Dryers use an average of 4,000-5,000 watts of energy and can cost almost $20 to run one load for an hour per day, per month.
3. Hit up the thrift store first when you are looking for clothes. You will be surprised by how much you can save on prices, especially on children’s clothing this way. You may even get lucky and find some expensive name brands in awesome shape!
4. Save a lot on parties and gatherings by making your own cakes, decorations and by using washable plates and silverware.
5. Substitute dry milk for cooking rather than fresh. You can buy a package of shelf stable dry milk for around $5.00 and it makes several gallons with just water and mix. This is a great way to save money on baking or just everyday cooking, by using it in things like mashed potatoes, cookies & cakes.
6. Make your coffee at home. If you are someone who has coffee everyday and buys it from places like Dunkin Donuts (I am working on this one =) at $2 or more this will add up to well over $100 alone! Making a cup of joe at home costs pennies.
7. Walk when you can. While it is much more convenient to drive to the corner store, this can add up over the year in gas and wear and tear on your car.
8. Make your own cleaning supplies. You can easily make laundry soap, all purpose cleaner and foaming hand soap at home for mere pennies.
9. Plan your meals. For just 30 minutes a week, you can avoid buying items you may not use and unnecessary purchases. You will also be able to use leftovers and waste less.
I hope these nine tips help you save money from your yearly budget. What do you do to save money? I would love to hear any tips you may have!