Crock Pot Recipe: Porcupine Meatballs, Uses 7 Ingredients Easy To Make
Looking for something good for dinner? But don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking it? Well, that is one of the best things about crock pot recipes.
Crock Pot Recipe For Porcupine Meatballs
I have to say I love it when I find a tasty crock pot recipe. I mean they are so easy to cook with, you just throw it in and by dinner time it is ready!
Well, I have a good slow cooker recipe for you! How about porcupine meatballs? I had always made these in the oven, but today I decided to try them as a slow cooker recipe and it turned out great!
Below I have it all typed up for you to give it a try. Let me know what you think. I cooked mine in a 7 quart Crock-Pot.
After you give this recipe a try, here are a few other recipes you may enjoy.
- Loaded Potato Casserole
- Save Time On Dinner With Crock Pot Pork Chops!
- Slow Cooker Recipe: Chocolate Cake With Raspberry Chocolate Topping
How To Make This Recipe:
Makes: approximately 9 balls
Cook Time: 4-6 Hours (they are done in 4 but ok to cook as long as 6)
In a large mixing bowl, mix together meat, rice, garlic, onion, pepper, and egg. Make sure to mix well so that the egg and the spices get mixed throughout evenly.
Now grab a small handful and form it into the shape of a ball, about the size of a plum. Add all the shaped porcupine meatballs to the crock-pot.
Try not to have them on top of one another as they cook best when they are not stacked.
Pour pasta sauce over each meatball so that it is fully covered. Now pour the cup of water between the meatballs.
You need the extra water as the rice will absorb all the juices and moisture. If you like your rice super moist you can add an extra half cup.
Cook on high for 4 hours, but no longer than 6 or they will dry out. Serve with some garlic bread and a side salad and enjoy!
Crock Pot Recipe: Porcupine Meatballs
- 1 1/2 Lbs Ground Beef uncooked
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Rice uncooked
- 1 26 oz Can Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Egg
- In large mixing bowl, mix together meat, rice, garlic, onion, pepper and egg. Mix well.
- Grab a small handful and form it into the shape of a ball, about the size of a plum.
- Add all the shaped porcupine meatballs to the crock-pot. Try not to have them on top of one another.
- Pour pasta sauce over each meatball so that it is fully covered.
- Pour the cup of water between the meatballs.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, but no longer then 6 or they will dry out.
- Serve with some garlic bread and a side salad and enjoy!
The rice… cooked when u add it to the meatballs or uncooked??
You add the rice in as uncooked. It will be cooked and soft by the time the meatballs are done cooking.
Hi. This recipe looks good.
HOw many ounces/ mlls in the can of tomato sauce.
I used a 26 oz can of Hunt’s pasta sauce. Sorry I should have included that in the post.
I use this recipe when making stuffed peppers in the crockpot. Yum!